View Single Post
Old 24th January 2017, 19:40   #24
Santara man
Avid contributor

2004 Rover75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevF6 View Post
Hey Nick

No worries mate, it wasn't taken in any sort of negative way at all so sorry if it seemed that way - it's just that I don't get much input from members when they ask and it gets a bit frustrating. Maybe that's the wrong word but you know what I mean. Maybe I mean lonely

With the split leather you can buy thin sheets of sticky patches that you cut to size. You peel the film off then place it underneath the split so that the sticky side is facing upwards towards the leather so that when you place the leather back down gently - it creates a permanent bond. Failing that then you can get normal sub patches that require leather glue to be put under the leather so that it sticks to the patch.

Then if need be it's a simple case of filling the crack with leather filler (its flexible), waiting until it dries then sand it down. Once done to your satisfaction then simply dab on some colour, then spray a bit of lacquer on and your good to go.

Hope that helps!

Kev

p.s. I don't deserve any bowing!
Follow Kevs instructions and you won't go far wrong.
This very same way was told to me by another upholstery guy when I had a wear tear in the leather seats in my motorhome I used the leather patch and glue system filler and colour nobody could tell afterwards it had been repaired but patience is the watch word don't rush the job.