Thread: MG X-Motion
View Single Post
Old 11th June 2018, 08:38   #17
timspencer
Gets stuck in

MG ZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by henocsr View Post
Would be nice if the Chinese owners of MG would start building them in this country again, and also build some cars not SUV's.

If they cannot do this then would be nice if they would sell the brand back on to someone who would
I work for MG Motor UK and overall I am happy with the cars, they are great value and well equipped, we must remember MG Rover and MG Motor are different companies.

No chance of building them again in this country sorry, no factory to build it (longbridge is not viable and is practially flat), plus the cost of labour etc is too high when the new cars are sold on value, the most expensive part of a new car is the cost of assembling it! plus its a chinese owned company that supplies thousands of cars to the far east so why have a stand alone factory to supply 1000 cars a year to a small island when they sell over 1,000,000 a year!

You have to build what people want, the MG6 was a huge flop, as noone buys hatchbacks now unless its a Mondeo or Insignia with 50% fleet discount. The SUV market is massive and you have to be in it to win it!

As for selling the MG Brand back....noone wanted it or the "proper" MG's in 2005 when MG Rover went bust, I was working for them and the sales were desperate towards the end...people bought BMW/Audi and Hyundais as they were more modern, had a better Badge or warranty.
timspencer is offline   Reply With Quote