View Single Post
Old 5th January 2019, 09:15   #13
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Well I've been working away on her since mot failure. I found a lot that the mot man missed so I've pulled her off road and rebuilding her how I want it.

First up the rear end. Have to strip out the rear anyways on the commercial to get access sadly, but I've been using it as an excuse.

So I'm going to sound deaden the whole rear end when I've it all stripped also. Being cheap and using thermal insulation from B and Q. Shall show you more when it's done as I've a reversing camera to fit also.

As we all know, you can't beat working on a land rover without a garage in a rain and snow and cold back garden. Installing the lift kit here, 40mm in the rear. Those rear break pipes through the strut are a NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- stupid design!

That's the rear end fitted anyways, good lift on her with only 40mm, guess being commercial it's lighter than a car with seats etc in her.

Then fitted a new wiper arm, motor and refurbished rear brake light and wheel mount. Really helps.

Pulled old swan neck tow bar off also, have my old one from first Freelander to fit, with genuine land rover logo tow socket and cover. Sold old one within 30 mins on Facebook and guy collected it from my door!

Front end is going to be easier I hope. I'm replacing everything, bushes complete, arms, steering rods, drop links etc so hopefully I will be sorted for a good few years along with front 40mm lift.

Proper towball and towbar fitted. My god the Swan neck went on and off no problem previously but this towbar was a proper land rover jobbie (bar the ball hitch is aftermarket) and proved a ball ache mounting the bracket in place.

Job done and a bit off hammerite over her also will add to the overall look.

Started stripping front end today. Lot to do there. Loads of odd size bolts breaking my heart.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote