View Single Post
Old 14th June 2014, 19:04   #42
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscan.eu View Post
This morning I got this working on a Raspberry Pi (I mean the pscan.eu solution not the other one).

This gives people two options.

1. If you want a carputer with a touch screen in your dash, if you want to make it Pi powered it will just work.

2. You could export the graphics from the program to an X server on a phone or tablet instead. You would need a wifi or ethernet connection from the phone/tablet to the Pi but that's pretty easy to do.
And I did a 160 upgrade, enabled speedlocking and digital speedometer with my Virtual T4 today, and that "just worked" too

I also had a look at your website linked to from Rover Ron's, and noted you were asking for "donations" with a monetary goal counter.

Surely the R&D work should be done without the need for outside funding in this way, and the final product once bugfixed then released and advertised

I realise the progress you have made thus far is exciting, however you have a way to go to make this anything other than a "code reader"

You need to be working on the security protocols for the BCU, EWS and SRS to make this a viable option for Joe Public, but the initial progress you have made is impressive.

Keep up the good work

Brian