View Single Post
Old 21st November 2019, 23:25   #6
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

I suppose that it depends on where it is jammed as to whether the headlights are misaligned up and blinding oncoming drivers as suggested as possible by earlier posts on here.

I sussed out on mine that the arm had become disconnected after complaining that my lights were incredibly dim and not lighting up much of the road ahead and someone pointed out that if the self levelling mechanism was faulty or the arm had come off ( which it had ) that the lights might be stuck in the default position pointing downish just ahead of the car and thus hugely diminishing the headlight range.

After checking out the thread and pictures about the correct arm position on this site I managed to reattach the arm at the correct angle and the lights were restored to their correct brightness as they lifted up to the correct position.

Its obvious if they're working properly as you can see the reflection of the lights slowly rise up from rest after the light switch is turned onto main lights ( if there is something in front of you to reflect the lights of course )
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote