View Single Post
Old 5th December 2018, 19:31   #23
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
I am aware that Openreach owns the network and it is operationally separate from the rest of BT. But, end customers do not have a relationship with Openreach, only with the service provider arms of BT or another service provider that uses the Openreach network e.g. TalkTalk. If an end customer tries to go directly to Openreach, they may be redirected to the service provider, where they should have gone in the first place, or if OR do entertain the call and take some action your Service Provider's systems (i.e. BT Consumer's or TalkTalk's etc.) may get out of alignment in terms of the data relating to your issue, progress towards resolution etc. on their agent/customer facing systems.

As for going to the CEO after just one engineer visit, personally I don't think it would ever be justified. All it achieves overall is an increase in the cost of serving customers and ultimately higher prices for us as customers.

The principle that I always follow is to de-escalate and aim to achieve resolution at the lowest possible level in any organisation. Unfortunately, the world is full of people who think they must have the answer now and who rant when they do not get what they want straight away. Ask anyone running a service business such as a lawnmower repair shop and you will see what I mean. So it really depends on what sort of person each one of us wants to be. Personally, I would like those individuals attempting to provide a service to me to be happy bunnies and to go home feeling that they have dealt with a nice person. I never fail to get what I want!

opps yes you are quite right I'd forgotten service providers. see what a year out does. I apologise

You do indeed ring your service provider to report a fault but if not repaired
no harm in contacting the Openreach CEO.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote