View Single Post
Old 10th April 2020, 10:56   #5
starway
Regular poster

MG ZT +

Hi just to make sure so I dont get anything wrong, if I get the oem switches, that then means I can just plug the aftermarket heated seat kit to the live and earth under the seats and I wont have to remove anything from the aftermarket wiring kit like an I line fuse or anything from the relay that comes with it.

Can I just plug in live and earth and then press the OEM switch and it will work? Also what about the existing switch that comes with it for low and high setting will this still function? I just need everything exained with the wiring in simple terms so I dont get anything wrong !

Im Guessing it will work to just plug live and earth under each seat and then when I press the oem switch that effectivley makes the circuit live and then my seats will have power ? Is there more complexity than this ? Im really conecerned about if I need to modify anything from the aftermarket wiring so it works with the existing wiring setup. Or will it be as simple.as I stated, like cutting each earth and live under each seat and then resoldering to rhe new kit. And the plug switches behind dash and everyhtings good to go?

Need help please
starway is offline   Reply With Quote