View Single Post
Old 8th July 2020, 22:10   #202
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbonwick View Post
And there's many more thousands dying as a result of just being alive
We've all got to go at some point, for some reason...does it really matter if its due to Covid or not?
It is all relative to how you view life, and your perception of the quality of said life, and how much you feel covid poses a risk to you and your family personally.

Having been personally exposed to covid.......and trust me nothing prepares you for the news you have been infected by this killer, I am much more relaxed about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
No I suppose not as long as it is not one of us or anybody we know or care for.

I wonder if the people who are taking there last breath or are hooked up to a ventilator are bothered that we are now trying to put sport on TV.
No, neither will the widow of the man I spoke to earlier today, who was told that he had pancreatic cancer, care if sport is back on TV.

As his treatment was postponed due to covid, to say she was bitter about the the handling of the whole affair was an understatement.

In her view, what could have been time spent in more fulfilling manner with her spouse, was instead in effect, a life prison sentence with no parole ending in an opiate induced haze for her husband of 40 years after nine weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
Life will go on........those dying of other diseases cannot be put on hold, we must try to find a safe way of coping. Many joyous things happen daily which will not make the news. If we can, we should pursue safe normality. Stay safe, stay wary.
Exactly Fred, we must indeed find the least risky path back to normality, and the biased reporting of the "facts", or at least the facts as portrayed by those who wish to exaggerate the perceived risks, knocked on the head.

Sacrificing all other aspects of life on the alter of covid is a price we should not have to pay, none of us.

It should be remembered despite the headline figures being reported daily along with the pseudo grave handwringing of the perfidious media, this is no way reflects the actual costs of covid suppression, by virtue of every other aspect of healthcare being neglected

Confidence in life participation must be restored.

Brian