View Single Post
Old 19th June 2020, 14:08   #475
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Good to see that the electricity people...................

................................. are on the ball and that their records are up to date. Just had a phone call about the order I put in for a new Smart meter in 2017 When I lived in Barkingside. The voice on the phone also said that my electrics were out of date and would need to be replaced before the Smart meter could be installed.

I waited till the voice said, “Can we make an appointment to come in to have a look to see what needs to be done. We would then have to make another appointment for the work to be carried out. So when would be convenient for you Mr Burgess? The earliest date we have available is in August 2020”. This was all said in one breath. I very politely explained that I had moved away in 2018 and that the people that had bought the flat had had the place rewired and no doubt had a Smart meter fitted.

The voice then asked me, “well who done the work then?”. I politely replied that I had no idea as I no longer lived there. It fell on deaf ears. “You must know who carried out the work”, was there reply. I replied that what part of ‘ I have moved out in June 2018’ don’t you understand. I then hung up. The voice rang back and left me a voicemail explaining that they still wanted to make an appointment to come a fit a Smart meter.

Now I have the mobile number of the people that bought my flat, so I phoned and spoke to the chap. Told him about the Smart meter. He said we ripped out all the wiring before we moved in as we changed the flat back to how it was when it was built. We also put a new room into the loft. So we had a Smart meter installed at the same time.

I’m now waiting on another phone call from the Smart meter people, they are bound to phone again. But it’s good to see that my order is in the system and their records are all up to date and they have my best interests to heart.

Thanks for reading. Keep safe.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote