View Single Post
Old 18th June 2020, 12:21   #472
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Seems I have started a trend.........................

......................................... Of pulling up roots and moving.

My two cousins, Christine and Keith, have lived in Hackney East London all their lives but now have decided to move out to Harold Wood Essex. Christine said to me on the phone that I had been there inspiration, they thought if I could do it then so could they. So next Tuesday they move. Christine has a son, RJ, and he is going with them. Christine is semi retired, Keith is a civilian in the Met Police and RJ is a railway engineer.

It's very doubtful that we will ever meet up again, but then we have never been that close. I saw them last year, I had to travel to them. Previous to that was back in 2016, when along with my late brother we attended the funeral of their Mum, our Aunt Doreen.

And a family around the corner to me down here moved out today, they have been here since 1980. I had to move Banana so that the removal lorry could swing round, and seeing what a pigs ear the driver made of turning round, I'm glad I moved her.
Still not venturing out very far mainly either going to Tesco's, the butchers or the garden centre.

So the gardens have been getting some extra TLC. Back in 2004 our friends, Sue & Terry, gave Val and I a potted Rose plant called a "Friendship Rose". Well that miniature Rose is still going strong, still in the original square pot we put it in. And I can safely say I have never seen so many buds on the plant, must be nearly 40 flowering and waiting to flower.

There is a beautiful lily, I don't remember planting the bulb nor did it flower last year. The 5 Clematis are still going well, two have flowered.. As for the strawberry plants they obviously love the Cornish sun, and rain. Never seen the leaves grow so large, plenty of fruit coming off as well.

I can listen to Dame Vera Lynn all day, there is something about her voice that just draws me. Sad that to hear the news today that she has sadly passed away but at 103 that is a very good innings. I never got to meet her although I did attend a couple of private concerts that she sang at.

So keep safe and we will all meet again.

Thanks for reading and the kind comments. A few photo's follow........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4729.jpg (159.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4728.jpg (145.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4730.jpg (141.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4727.jpg (136.4 KB, 19 views)

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote