View Single Post
Old 9th May 2019, 10:44   #34
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgaz View Post
I was wrong. I started to move forwards once the road was clear, and to my suprise, the young lad turned his right and went right in front of me!

We both stamped on the brakes and I let him get out of my way.

_Snip___

She sits at the round about with one foot on the clutch and one on the foot brake and two hands on the wheel.

And when I tell her she should have one hand on the handbrake instead of the foot brake, she tells me that's how she's been taught.

I agree, it is good to have a clue which way a driver is intending to go, so you can better plan your own driving to accommodate them.

Likewise, the use of the handbrake - it is there to be used and sorts out the more professional drivers from the rest. You see them waiting at the traffic lights, either rocking on the clutch, or with the footbrake on and brake lights lit. It only needs a moments distraction, when rocking it on the clutch and they have rolled back or forth into another vehicle. Not using the handbrake, makes for a much slower getaway when the time comes, than using the handbrake fully and many of them stall trying to juggle the pedals. There is no need to even fully apply the handbrake - if it is just a matter of seconds, then I just keep it pulled up with my arm, without it clicking. I always push the button in anyway, when applying it, to avoid the wear and rasping noise.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 9th May 2019 at 10:47..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote