View Single Post
Old 20th January 2019, 08:50   #13
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Rant time.....

This sort of thing makes me really angry.

We have a decent, hard working bloke doing a good job for a sensible price and some level of scum think it's OK to pop along to his place and relieve him of the tools he needs for his livelihood.

Sometimes I wonder if some other countries where they chop off arms etc. for stealing have got it right?

Doubtless these thieves are poor unfortunates who society has denied them opportunities to do well for themselves and it's someone else's fault that they've gone bad.......

I'd happily take them off the streets, put them into a secure establishment 24/7 where they can "work" at, say, the minimum wage, to pay off the cost of the investigation/forensics/Police time/court time etc. and then pay off the cost of all the replacement tools and lost business and then pay board and lodge for the establishment they have been placed in and when that's all paid for - obviously at absolutely zero cost to the public purse - then they can start the punishment for the crime they've committed.

If it takes decades to "pay off" the costs then so be it. And while they are paying off the costs they are securely kept away from temptation....... And because there's zero cost to the public purse there's no "resourcing" issues or "we can't afford to do these tests/checks etc." 'cus the guilty shall be picking up the bill.

Oh, and I'm not interested if that makes their family destitute..... What about the families they steal from????

Choice & consequences......

Andy.

Last edited by AndyN01; 20th January 2019 at 09:05..
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote