View Single Post
Old 10th February 2013, 09:08   #73
Yam
Avid contributor

Jaguar XF

You know though....I think a lot of the problem is the actual door handle inner back-plate.
It may well be that mine had not actually slipped in the plasic lock as they both had equal threads top and bottom....adjusting it lower (with less threads at the bottom) does help, but if like you did in my case go a fraction to far....jammed once central locking is activated.
The plastic locking clip has a fair amount of 'free play' up and down once the rod is unclipped from it....but I think my problem was I pushed the clip down a fraction further (you can feel a little pressure) clipped it in...maybe 2 or 3 mm showing...and that was too much. The Doors opened earlier and seemed perfect...until I used the central locking.
If you allow say to much thread at the bottom of the clip....the door hand operates very late on its pull.
As a point of interest my front doors open earlier than my back......which makes me think the inner backplate which operates from the door handle once pulled is not as forgiving with its tolerance.
I think I have read some people change this item....another know problem perhaps.
I will pop my cards back on when the rain eases of this morning but double check that all is ok with central locking on/off first.
Hopefully all will be ok.

Yam.
Yam is offline   Reply With Quote