View Single Post
Old 24th October 2019, 18:37   #1
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Default Went to look at this 75

Here we go. Had a good look and drove it too. Drives straight and true and the same when you stand on the brakes. There is a misfire which is noticeable at slow speed. Hit the throttle and goes well as a V6 should. Before taking it out it was obvious the idle was too fast. Noticed that both VIS motors were unplugged so reconnecting them put that right! Does not overheat. Gearbox is smooth as it can be with the misfire but felt ok. 3 tyres are good but one will need replacing soon. Wheels presentable with only minor marks. I do like them!!! Rear lower suspension arms very good. Upper arms looking a bit crusty but still solid. Should pass another MOT fine but need to budget for a pair in a year or so. Sills are solid, no rust. Body looks good at 5 paces and is a nice colour indeed. No damage. Only problem is the paint is showing some cracking and crazing on the n/side front wing and bonnet. Seems the lacquer is faded. It was pouring with rain so needs to be seen again in the dry. Interior is good with minimal wear on the driver seat. I’ve seen much worse. A good valet is all it needs. Personally I would offer £400 at the most. The misfire needs investigating and will need a tyre and at some point both upper arms. It is what you would expect for sub £500. It’s nice but not perfect.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F372813846222