Thread: Amazon scam.
View Single Post
Old 11th July 2020, 19:41   #5
Graham1961
Moderator / RS East Scotland

Rover 75 1.8 Conn Se saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Contact amazon, but look at your amazon account.

Have you bought anything in the past 8 weeks from amazon (or 1 month before the first payment, if this one is not the first) ? The way it is set up is quite devious.

'Do you want fast and free delivery tick this box with free trial of amazon prime'. which is much more prominent to the 'do you want free delivery without amazon prime' tick this box.

So you may have accidentally signed up to it. Good news is that it can be cancelled at anytime though with no.further charge or consequence.

When prime first started, I didn't notice at the bottom of the page, you HAD to opt out of signing up. You were automatically signed up to it, which I did. Cancelled as soon as I saw the invoice for payment of the item I had bought. But there was an outcry over this, and it was stopped, but it is still quite a devious set up now. (Add something to your basket and go to the payment stage, cancel at the last minute, but look at the various options and you will see what I mean)

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk
I haven't bought anything from them, however I have withdrawn my bank card from them and changed my password.

Thanks for all the advice everyone.