Thread: remap question
View Single Post
Old 25th July 2013, 13:07   #25
Rob Bell
Gets stuck in

ZT-T CDTi +

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
The xpower "upgrade" that I was offered locally had a price tag of £200 with it!!!..... Needless to say I went elsewhere for a better upgrade..

My cars been running well on its Khaos (approx 150 bhp + Synergy) remap for 3-4 years now, and that's on a car that's done 170k miles.

As for RR tests, the two I know of, one, the first, came up with two diff results on my car, and my car changed gear during both tests??

The 2nd tests held locally, apparently the testing station didn't-couldn't-wouldn't test the cars with auto boxes.. I didn't attend that one..

The cars with the 160 remaps done by Brian or Russ that I saw tested, came out at approx 160 BHP..
The only before and after RR test that I can find on here (probably not looked hard enough! ) was on a car that had already over 150bhp from previous tuning and was mapped by a guy selling his services via ebay - and got 160bhp.
So I guess a question is, if you are starting from a standard 116bhp base point and then remap to 160, do you get 160bhp? An extra 50+ bhp would be a pretty hefty and impressive increase. Even my wife would notice that!
Rob Bell is offline   Reply With Quote