View Single Post
Old 15th January 2021, 10:01   #23
BigAde
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T+ 135 CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
Thanks, I didn't know it was a standard unit, it's my Dad's car, so my role is mechanic.
Dad did say that the buttons never worked, so I guess that I will need to add that to the list of jobs.
I am not sure about an android double din, I prefer Android myself, but Dad is a technophobe and Mum is iPhone.
I will ask them what they want to do.
Fair enough. I'm an iPhone user myself, but quite happy with the Android head unit. Stick Car Dashdroid app on it and it gives it a very simple interface for use while driving. Depends what they want out of it I guess, might need some thinking about. Perhaps a bluetooth stereo would be useful so they can link it to phones for handsfree calling and playing music?

If the only concern is the lack of steering wheel controls, it might be worth a few checks - have a look at some of the other old threads on here. From memory there were two types of steering wheel controls fitted. Mine gave out an IR signal from the eyebrow - to control the Kenwood KRC-394 so it maybe worth checking if you have the same system and if that is still connected and pointing in the right direction. I remember changing the type of connector when I changed to an Android unit - but from what I recall it was fairly painless.
BigAde is offline   Reply With Quote