View Single Post
Old 12th July 2018, 12:56   #4
JeffD
Loves to post

Rover 75 1.8T SE

Well I've done a bit more poking about...

I've now put back my original ECU and have found that if I disconnect the white plug (between the sensor loom and the ECU) then switch on the ignition without starting engine) and then engage reverse I get a continuous beep for about 5 seconds.

if I then plug in the white plug all of the reverse sensors behave normally except the new one and if I wave my hand in front of them, in turn, the beep sounds.

So current thinking is either new sensor I bought is either incompatible??? or by painting it I have damaged it somehow???

Anyway, I have now bought a genuine 2nd hand one off eBay which I am going to fit without painting so I can rule out the application of paint as a reason.

So at moment, I have original ECU, 3 original sensors and 1 new apparently non-working one and a 2nd hand replacement loom up to the sensors.

just waiting for the sensor to arrive....

NB Forgot to say when it does arrive before I fit it I'm going to swap the new "non working" sensor around with one of the other sensors to confirm whether its the sensor or the wiring.....should have done that first TBH! LOL

Last edited by JeffD; 12th July 2018 at 12:59..
JeffD is offline   Reply With Quote