View Single Post
Old 11th July 2018, 18:44   #2
livan
Regular poster

75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
About a couple of months ago my parking aid system started playing up. At first it would do the repeating beep whether you were near something or not then it moved to just one long continuous beep whenever in reverse.

Just because it was cheap and to rule it out I replaced the reverse switch in the front wheel well. BTW Reverse lights work perfectly so no doubts in that area.

After a read on here I listened carefully to each sensor in turn and sure enough one of them didn't make the tick, tick noise so bought a replacement on ebay here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151104860135

which I painted and fitted using as light a coat of paint as I dare.

After fitting the sensor all sensors including the new one tick, ticked but whenever in reverse I get nothing at all. Tried swapping the od sensor back and it goes to a continuous tone.

Next step I replaced the wiring loom between the sensors and the plug on the body work in the centre of the boot opening part# YMV000040. No difference :-(

Next replaced the ECU part# YWC107190 - again no difference.

Checked the F12 fuse in the passenger compartment footwell and all good.

If I leave the lights on and pull the keys out I get the bing, bing warning (think I read they share same speaker/sounder and noise comes from near IPC)

Not sure where to go next...any ideas?

BTW when I first put car in reverse and switch ignition on I can hear what sounds like a grandfather clock gentle ticking noise just by the rear driver's side wheel which I guess is a relay doing the initial test????

Quick recap...

Reverse switch in front wheel arch replaced - reverse lights work fine.

Replaced non ticking sensor with new ebay sensor - all sensors tick when in reverse

Replaced wiring loom between actual sensors and bodywork with no difference

Replaced ecu with no difference

Parking system makes no noise at all at any time (apart from the tick from the sensors and a tick/tock in the rear drivers side wing)
Hello Friend
recently my parking aid also stopped working
I will be careful
livan is offline   Reply With Quote