View Single Post
Old 29th August 2013, 00:51   #24
Scribbler.
Gets stuck in

Rover 75. Saloon. Red. V6. 2.5.

Firstly cool down folks this was never intended to start WW3; YES we do have `scroungers', those who choose benefits as a lifestyle which we all pay for and we also have those unfortunate people made redundant or jobless through no fault of their own. My lady is from Eastern Europe but has taken cleaning work even though she has 2 masters degrees and taught in Vilnius University prior to coming here. Even she says the British do not have a healthy work ethic. I applaud her tenacity and dignity in earning her minimal wages each week doing what any English person could do.
When raising such issues as this thread, sadly we can only generalise and not take every individual case into account, however we do nevertheless all know some local `scroungers' living the high life at our expense. *I brought one such character to the attention of our local council when he was sub-letting his 3 bed house whilst claiming housing and living with the female next door. (He once worked for me too btw.) Car spraying too whilst claiming.
I totally agree our system has many many other anomalies to be addressed but I simply highlighted one such item. Mike.
Scribbler. is offline   Reply With Quote