View Single Post
Old 28th August 2013, 19:02   #22
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredSpencer View Post
The fundamental fact that no-one mentions when they start this kind of thread is that there aren't enough jobs in this country for everybody to have one and that's the way the powers that be like it because it keeps wages down.

The actual financial burden of these so called work-shy people to tax payers is miniscule compared to the money not collected from tax avoiders and evaders. If you're going to have a go at someone have a go at them.
Small the amount may be, but but the way to look at it is how many people working and paying their own taxes it takes to keep them not working. Not only do they get all of these benefits, but loss include the benefits and other losses like tax and insurance costs.

If there are jobs enough for east Europeans to find here, there are jobs enough for the locals to find. If there are genuinely not enough jobs to go around, then those jobs there are ought to be time shared out so that everyone gets the chance to develop at least some of a work ethic.

There should be no free licence to just sit at home and do nothing, year in year out. At times in my working career I have had some of these people sent along to work with me on work experience, or they have been forced to into taking a job. The difference between those who have simply changed jobs and those who have never worked is like night and day.

You give one who has never done any work before a task and they give you the 'who me? You expect me to work?' answer, whereas someone else who is used to working would just crack on with the task.

So the problem is not one of simply finding them jobs, but a deeper one of first getting them to understand the basics of what work is.

The last one I had sent out to help me, had got his job based on a pack of lies suggesting he had worked on power stations until just before he had got this job. I also happened to have worked on power stations in the dim and distant past, so I was able to ask questions about what he had done there - he knew nothing about the power station apart from its name, not even how many geny sets they had in the station or how it was fired, in a station he was supposed to have worked in. Was not physically able to climb steps, didn't understand how to do the most basic of tasks even when shown step by step. This was a forty something. So simply forcing them into jobs is never going to work. He was slowing me down so much, I had to send him back in before lunch.

It does make me wonder about modern management having wool so easily pulled over their eyes during interview, as too just accept what a job candidate says without question.

I do feel some what sympathetic towards these long term unemployed people, but simply paying them to sit on their hands is not a solution. There must be something useful they can be taught to do - watching day time TV for the rest of there lives is not the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1 View Post
So, how do these scroungers get away with it? Or have the authorities given up on them, knowing that most of them are un-employable?
Chad.
I would suggest you are correct. Much more pressure will be applied on those with a chance of getting back into work, than those who are a complete waste of space and would never get a job.

Would you place your bet on a horse that had won several races recently, or the miik-man's horse?

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by Dragrad; 30th August 2013 at 00:35.. Reason: consecutive posts
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote