View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2016, 10:58   #1
humphshumphs
I really should get out more.......

No longer a Rover Owner

Location: As far east as you can go in the UK and not get wet feet.
Default Virtual T4/ P-Scan / Toaf software

There has been a discussion going on over the last few days about the Virtual T4 and I think that this is a brilliant bit of kit based on what we've heard. I have the IPK-Changer that Phil-T4 gave away a few months ago, and if the Virtual T4 software is written in the same vain (and I have no reason to doubt) it's going to be brilliant.

We've also seen screen shots and you-tube videos of the Toaf software being written, and again it looks good.

Both these bits of software allow you to read error codes and do stuff on the cars.

We mustn't forget the P-Scan software/hardware either. Again this looks a good bit of kit, but from what I have seen on the website, it is for reading data/codes etc., not for changing things.

Being a bit of a geek, I would love to be able to play with the cars settings .... BUT, and it's a big but, I would be scared about bricking my motor... not something I would be happy about.

I would love something that is 'idiot proof' in that you could use it to read error codes, and clear them, and also be able to play with the dealer options as well (just coz ), but for anything else, I would be much happier paying one of the T4 Gurus to diagnose and fix as needed.

Just my take on things

No longer a 75 owner as my tourer made it to the moon, and died on it's way back. But 1/4 million miles ain't bad.