View Single Post
Old 26th February 2020, 15:43   #151135
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
The drivers side window. The relay has failed along with the motor. Whilst at the garage it failed altogether, went down but stopped about quarter on the way up. Would not go in any direction after that. They are also checking to make sure the runners are clear of any debris.

(She is at the garage at Trerulfoot where Bear was a few days ago. Olde Worlde garage. Work on everything from Bentley’s to Armoured cars to Rally Cars).

Not worked properly since coming back from the paint shop. Been back but they said it was the switch pack, Matt took the one out of Grovey and it worked once. Bananas one works perfectly ok in Grovey.

I have an ongoing dispute with AM Restorations. I have taken legal advice and now waiting on the outcome.
Hi Bob

When I lived in Hampstead, I had a falling out with a N London Vauxhall dealer over shoddy body work and took the dealer to court. During a storm, a street boarding was blown onto the Vauxhall car I owned and the sign demolished the bonnet.

Paint and body shop repairs were below the standard expected. I paid the bill and complained. I was ignored, until I threatened court action and reported the dealership to Vauxhall. 3-4 days before the court appearance, the garage capitulated and apologised.

What helped was having the support of a Vauxhall case worker and free legal advice from the AA. They told me what to say and how to write the letters “Without Prejudice” etc,

Ultimately I got the money back and the garage did the work again free of charge to the proper standard

Hopefully Bob, you will come through, with right being on your side and you won’t lose out.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote