View Single Post
Old 26th February 2020, 15:10   #151134
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Morning all - from a bright, sunny but cold North Yorkshire. There afre various weather forecasts which suggest that there is still a cold spell around, with threats of hail, sleet and perhaps a covering of snow - Winter's final fling perhaps?

G'day Phil
We arrive at Slimbridge on the 30th June and leave (for home) on the 7th July - so if you are round and about ...... there's a good pub at the entrance to the site, (they cater for gluten free, so Angela's happy)

We don't do too badly when we're away - next door neighbour of 40+ years's checks the house twice a day, feeds the tropical fish, puts various lights on and off and draws curtains and keeps an eye on the post - dustbinning obvious junk mail.
Rightly or wrongly, I leave our answering machine ON and there are usually quite a few "the other person has cleared" type messages (maybe a dozen over the month, but very few actual messages. 99% of family and friends make contact via our mobiles nowadays, so the landline is hardly ever used. Irritatingly, I'm slowly starting to get more nuisance calls on my mobile; some of them are very cleverly disguised - got one yesterday "we understand you've recently been in an accident - can we sue someone for you? type one. The incoming number was my local area code - presumably thinking I'm more likely to answer if it appears to be a local call?
Cheers Rod and Angela We are 20 miles from Slimbridge and can come over to you, go out and have a meal. What fun, so we will be around.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote