View Single Post
Old 17th August 2019, 11:16   #148079
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Feature updates are biggies which require a complete reinstallation of the operating system. Issued twice yearly they are in effect a new version of the operating system, hence the need for a full reinstall. You can defer feature updates for up to 18 months if you have a pro version of W10, the hope in doing so being that any bugs will be sorted by the time you take the plunge. Best to do a full back before installling a feature update.

Not to be confused with the smaller and more regular quality/cumulative updates which tend to be issued monthly and cover general maintenance.

Yeah this trouble has been going on since June, The Win 10 version was coming to the end of that 18 months timeline, It's got something to do with older Intel drivers but microsoft doesn't tell you witch ones

I've deleted all the old update files and started again from scratch, the updates take two two hours only for it to fail at the last minute.
My Win 7 desktop upgrade to Win 10 was the same, nothing but trouble and full of errors where programs wouldn't start, no audio and lots of dll errors!!!
I binned that too, the hard drive was wiped & is now in my CCTV recorder.

I'm not putting my bank/paypal details into any OS that's not supported.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote