View Single Post
Old 21st July 2021, 23:35   #4
Mogmike
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Default More Clutch trouble.. Something similar..

Hi.. I'm just about to post a similar clutch mystery but with a little extra to maybe help identify {well by somebody who knows about the particular hydraulics of the Rover 75}..the problem.
My car is a 2005 Rover 75, 1.8 petrol 58k on the clock and a meticulous service history.. However like you I. An drive the car absolutely fine for about 15 minutes, sometimes much longer, then it starts to snick going into gear and the pedal travel seems to decrease.. In fact I did post on here the worst time it did this when the pedal travel decreased so much that I limped home in 2nd as I could not change gear any more. Fortunately I was not far from home. When I had calmed down, a couple of days later, I put my foot under the pedal and lifted it back up (without any difficulty) and then the clutch was back to normal. I have now plucked up the courage to drive it a little more and have made two 30 plus miles where, as soon as I notice the snicking of the gear, or me staling on take off from stand still as the clutch travel has altered.. I put my foot under the pedal and lift it up and hey presto we're back to normal and the clutch is fine..??
You might try this on your car as it may be the same problem.. That is., that I don't think it's the clutch at all as it works just fine but something is affecting the return of the pedal and I suspect the hydraulic system and a return valve if there is one although the hydraulics operate fine when the pedal is returned by my foot..
Any thoughts would be most welcome.. I shall also post this as a new posting from me but thought it might help you in your diagnosis... All the best any way
Mogmike is offline   Reply With Quote