View Single Post
Old 20th August 2019, 14:55   #13
Dorchester2
incurable Rover addict

Rover 75 Saloon V6 2.5 1999 - Rover 25 1.4 2002 - Rover 214i cab 1994 - Rover P5b coupe 1968

Default 09-09-2017, 12:27

So here we are.
I drove her along more than 250ml and it's a real bliss!

Nice and smooth V6 sound, nervous kick down (I used the trick only once, but what a kick in the ass!), amazing automatic gearbox (never ever had I one before!), very efficient brakes, very comfortable and luxurious armchairs, fantastic quietness inside, glossy and shiny colour, classical refined British quality dashboard, very high quality stereo sound, amazing speed stabiliser, what else?

That executive car (as they told us) is a dream!

Just needed a slight bit of TLC : a few tiny chips on the body (nevertheless in very good general condition), rear bumper not so neat (maybe to be repainted, I'll see), a few bits neglected (a chromium rod not tightly fixed on the right of the windscreen, a strip of liner detached near the rear window, two plastic rod displaced at the bottom of the right doors between the carpet and the door rubber, two missing bolts to attach the cylinder head cover written V6) and a fuel hose likely because there's a slight smell of fuel, but absolutely no leak of any kind: the ground was entirely clean in the morning and nothing to be seen as far as I could have a close look everywhere easily accessible.

Some late good works on the engine (oil, filter, front vented brakes & pads, front silent blocks) the day before the deal, but nothing else has been done during the seller ownership!
Nevertheless the engine and all the electricity is in good working order.
But I need to do:
- spark plugs to change (3 years 1/2)
- coolant to renew (3 years 1/2)
- air filter to change (more than 4 years - I ordered a good K&N panel)
- passenger compartment filter to change
- air con fluid to control and if needed to top
- automatic gearbox to control, to top or to change

I'll see next week at a good mechanic's and at his colleague's the painter.

Afterwards, I would like a parking alarm, but not so sure I could find a complete Rover factory genuine one and above all the skilful guy able to install it. Never ever had I so long a car and it's really an impossible mission to clearly see exactly where you put your back bumper when going backwards.

But what a joy to become the guardian of one of the last finest British cars of a nearly bygone era.
I feel myself responsible of a slice of British motor history, don't I?

Coming next a few more pictures.
  • This vehicle was the 2,032nd 75 in Atlantic Blue Pearlescent (code: JEY) to be made out of 2,572 Atlantic Blue Pearlescent 75s
Dorchester2 is offline   Reply With Quote