View Single Post
Old 20th November 2019, 20:04   #39
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Your gurgle will be an air lock they can be very difficult to chase out the system. I still suspect the stat is either opening late or not fully opening. If the weather down South is even 10 degrees warmer than up here, just now, I would not expect the car to be getting that hot in traffic in the summer yes I would expect the car to be calling for its fan every five mins in the town. Have you access to a digital sight thermometer to check on temperatures.
It could be the sensor is off. If you want a lone of one PM me and I will stick one in the post all I ask is when you are finished you return it. If you do want to borrow I will get one of the grand kids to go into the bowels of the garage and look for my engine diagnostic pit lane box I think there may be some colour change temp strips still in there if they are there and are in the correct temp range I will stick them in and you can stick them to the engine which will give you the block temperatures. Better on your car than in a box hiding for twenty years.
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote