View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2019, 23:03   #11
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Seems they had a momentary lapse of concentration. Perhaps I have been lucky. I have done perhaps 15,000 miles driving on the continent over the last 30 odd years. Seen some horrendous accidents, fatal and otherwise, but luckily have not had even a scratch. If you saw the speed some of the cars go in Germany, you can understand why so many are fatal. Some nasty ones with Deer at night especially.I will say that I think that the driving standards are higher than in GB though. Holland is a country where you need a guardian angel. Also Italy. But I must add that driving standards are getting towards dangerous in this country. I was stopped at three separate sets of traffic lights today, and observed three cars going over on red, one that was so late he was nearly hit by a car coming towards me that came through the lights at around 20 mph because they changed as he approached. All caught on car cam. My advice to everyone is GET A CAR CAMERA.....NOW

Last edited by bl52krz; 29th September 2019 at 11:31.. Reason: Not 150000 miles but 15000 miles doh
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote