Thread: Not a good day
View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2021, 16:43   #47
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Commiserations on your bad luck from me too Andy. Not sure how the garage was tethered but I doubt if the oem provision for doing so is sufficient with many of these type of tent structures. Where strong winds are par for the course in parts of the world I've seen relatively small plastic greenhouses strapped down permanently with a number of strops thrown over the top and fixed to the ground with more substantial anchorage. Its what I would do maybe in except for the most sheltered of locations and for a very brief period of use. Maybe make some heavy anchor points for some slung over-the-top strops/ropes with something like postcrete.
Sadly the OEM instructions don't hold up in a UK winter storm. I had damage, but only to gardening equipment and a mower, so nothing too bad really. So I postcreted all of the four corner anchors and had to replace the wire ties provided with solid bolts which went right through the frame. Then boards clamped onto the gable ends to stop them flapping. Then we moved house and I left the tent for the new owners to deal with.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote