View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2018, 09:43   #242
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool The smoke alarm works just fine......................

.......................................... The letting agents phoned me last week to arrange a visit. They wanted to come in to see how I'm settling in and to see what I have done to the house. The agent coming in today is Christine, we have met a few times.
The conversation went like this.

Christine, " Hi Bob, how you doing? Can we come and have our look around on Friday 3rd August?"

Me, " Morning Christine, loving it. Love the house. Settled in really well. Yes next Friday will be fine. Just need to find the directions for the vacuum cleaner, chuck out the empties and hide the magazines."

Christine, "Ha! Ha! We will be checking the smoke and carbon dioxide alarms whilst I'm there."

Me, "Oh! I can assure the smoke alarm works perfectly OK. The fire brigade said it was one of the best they had seen."

Christine, deathly silence.

Me, " It was a joke. But the alarm works ok when you have the toast under the grill". I failed to mention about the other food I have cremated.

Christine, "Thought it was a joke. Otherwise the fire brigade would have been in contact. But other than that you are ok. I'll see you on Friday at 11am."

Me, "ok. See you on the 3rd at 11am."

Wait till she see's what I have done to the garden.

On another note, I'm waiting on my solicitor to get back to me re the new boundary plan that the buyers solicitors wanted me to get drawn up. The companies I contacted wanted between £550-£750 plus vat to draw up the plans. Natalie, my solicitor said for me not to do anything as she feels that the other solicitors are getting too picky. Plus she feels that if they still want the plans drawn up then they should at least meet me half way on costs.

No going back now...................

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote