View Single Post
Old 25th June 2017, 07:15   #40
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
That has been in the details all along. It is the same I believe in all the European Breakdown Insurances.When I joined them, I asked about the repatriation bit ,and was told that unless your vehicle is a load of junk, in that case why would you risk going abroad in it, and you could prove it had been serviced before you went abroad, then more likely than not, they would cover it. I suppose if you were somewhere like Turkey or the far flung lands of Russia, you would not be treated the same. And another thing, unless it was something like a blown engine, you could get it mended yourself and bring it back. There is always someone somewhere who will help you out.
Well, we have to have some faith in the fact that there is a very good chance the car makes it with no catastrophic failures such as blown engine or gearbox, I agree with you however, in the case of an accident and one for example where the owner might take on the repairs but, insurance would write the vehicle off, we get back to market value IMO.
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote