View Single Post
Old 8th November 2018, 17:57   #6
v-man
I really should get out more.......

Ford Fezza Poverty Spec & ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartIngram View Post
Tuesday afternoon I was involved in a minor scrape with a Peugot van, the driver admitted all liability and told his insurance. Before I'd even had chance to contact my insurance when I got home I received a call from his insurance, offering to help. Now I know that I can get it looked at by a garage of my choice, and I have still got my own insurance as well, but at the moment I've gone with the help.Obviously I've notified my lot and they are ok with it, but say contact if/when I need to.
Pics attached, but it is in reality only a dent! They quoted the age/mileage of the car (2004, 139K) as being uneconomic to repair with new parts, then asked if I was ok with a repair (my words, a dent pulled out & filled), which I agreed. Next call was from a bodyshop (Autoglass) saying a mobile van could do it on my driveway, they asked for pics. Later they said too complicated to do as mobile.
Question is, what would this cost me if I put it in to be done? Initial thoughts with my insurance are that they may as an option offer a cash payment. I could even do it myself, but want to make sure I'm getting the right payment if I do go that way.

It might be worth contacting Iain Rutherford at Dents Norwich. Have seen him work magic on various dings, etc at Kings Lynn meets.

You can have a look at his blog for examples of his work on various vehicles.

http://www.dents-norwich.co.uk

Report potholes, flytipping, broken streetlights - www.fixmystreet.com

Find cheaper diesel/petrol - www.petrolprices.com
2001 Rover 45 1.8 Impression S owned for 15 years, now scrapped.
v-man is offline   Reply With Quote