View Single Post
Old 20th July 2019, 09:37   #18
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeupname View Post
You asked about satnav. I use googlemaps phone app and listen through small over the ear headphones, so I can still hear sirens etc. I love it. it even tells you where the speed cameras are. My hi-line satnav doesn't do that.
If you want one in the car itself then a hi-line ICE is ok, but the maps may be quite a bit out of date by now.

I've got the Hi line with working Sat Nav and the most up to date disc ( to my knowledge ) which goes up to 2015.

It of course is true that the Sat Nav is a touch old fashioned with its graphics to say the least and there isnt any speed camera facility on it.

I put it on now and again just for the fun of it and have no doubt whatsoever that it will quite happily get me to anywhere that I want to go that was built before 2015 in the UK.

But of course for totally up to date Sat nav use and general travel I use my Garmin on the windscreen. I just like the originality of having the original in working order and as a back up.

Its almost like having a bit of a museumish reminder of an emerging technology to remind of how technology progresses and improves.
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote