View Single Post
Old 14th May 2020, 18:54   #11380
Andy24601
Regular poster

Rover saloon

Default Stereo surround

It started with this:
[IMG][/IMG]
I thought I'd see what the stereo surround would look like in genuine stick-on walnut - tacky and awful was the short answer...
I had been messing around with a Clarion graphic equaliser and some other bits I had tucked away in my garage and I'd found a convenient spot just above the stereo. It involved a bit of cutting but it fitted and I now had a graphic, plus a very thin space above it should I decide I wanted to post very thin items into my dashboard.
During the wee small hours of the morning (one of my insomniac sessions - great for your random creativity) it occurred to me that I might be able to relocate the hazard warning and central locking switches, thus removing the accidental activation of either/both during long journeys when my arm flops down on the centre console due to boredom/impending stroke.
So I made this:

The bit in the middle is one of those ebay tyre pressure monitors - in this position it is denied the sunlight it relies on to recharge and so I've made it removable.
I've replaced (for now) the two switches with a couple of spares I had - traffic info and traction control - at some stage I intend to put something more interesting in...
Andy24601 is offline   Reply With Quote