Thread: Xtrons
View Single Post
Old 15th June 2019, 19:08   #16
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Tbh the GPS is great. Picks up satellites instantly.

Loading up iGO 9.x takes about 1 min normally.

The most annoying thing is the dropping wifi, its enough to make me want to smash it. I run a wifi hotspot on my laptop and see it drop off that when downloading the files for iGO, yet the head-unit lies and says it is connected, of course it isnt, and i have to switch the wifi off and on again and re-start the downloads in iGO, took me 2 days of doing this to get all the European maps down.

My Xtrons is an Android 5.1, does that basically mean its totally out of date and the performance is rubbish?

I actually really like iGO, and after modifying the unit to fit correctly it looks factory fit. Ive seen some abortions on here, sticking out about half a centimeter at the bottom etc!

IF I could get an Xtrons looking Android that was faster, and enabled me to SEEK back and forward in MP3s, I would be one happy camper. Not having MP3 seek on the buttons is infuriating, and I have to use the touch screen.

Also I see no way around the radio stations issue, every time I get into the car I have to search for the stations.

I think its a basic CPU issue, as when the nav is taxing the system, sometimes you can see it struggle with the radio scanning for stations, and sometimes the music can drop out momentarily.

If a newer model has the same connector as the 5.1 unit this would be great, I made up an OE looking connector for the steering wheel controls with BMW connectors, looks pro.

Last edited by T16; 15th June 2019 at 19:12..
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote