View Single Post
Old 1st May 2010, 14:20   #13
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCN808T View Post
my trip computer is telling me i get 10km/l and i drive 500km before empty tank. - - it has a 65litre tank - - -so i think there's something wrong. What are the 4 digits for? how do I calculate what to enter there?
OK here's what you do. I'm assuming here a 'full' tank is 64.8 litres. You will know better than me. Just note the actual amount when you do a brim to brim excercise.

You actually travel 500km on this amount. Again, get the accurate distance from your brim-brim runs.

So the Measured Consumption is 500/64.8 = 7.72 km/l

Your computer is saying it's 10 km/l so that's the Indicated Consumption.

The Correction Factor (using a calculator) is:

Indicated x 1000 / Measured = 10 x 1000 / 7.72 = 1295 (forget any decimals)

So you replace the existing Factor with this one.
Go to test 20 and you'll see the existing Factor ('ABCD').
Change D to 5
Change C to 9
Change B to 2
Change A to 1 (if necessary) by following the routine described in the instructions.

Now when you use the trip computer to display your fuel consumption, it will be much nearer the truth. Note that you must allow the computer to run a good while (1000 km or so) without resetting it to get a meaningful result.

Quote:
can i ask a dealer in the UK to look it up or must the car be showing those errors for him to know what they mean?
I suspect a dealer would prefer to have the car hooked up to do the diagnosis. Since they charge a lot for doing this service, I can't see anyone willing to simply tell you over the phone/email, etc.

You might try Keith Alexander (user name 'Keith'), he has a T4.

TC

My Quick find marker = IPKDM (IPK Diagnostics Mode)

Last edited by T-Cut; 25th June 2011 at 13:05..
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote