Thread: Air Con Quote
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2020, 12:05   #9
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heddy View Post
Decided I'd get the aircon fixed, has anyone got any idea of cost? Going to use a mobile company. Gold resistor fitted and the fan works, feel the condenser and pump are good but gas won't stay in the system. £200 maybe? really have no idea.
Cheers.
Mine was working but really not as cold as should have been (had it checked/recharged almost 3 years back when it was found to 20-25% down). Just putting the V6 back together (with a new condensor [OEM Chinese??] and O rings off DMGRS - £85 +P&P) after a very good local mobile guy emptied it for me last week and found it was just 30% filled so something was leaking; as far as I know the condensor was original so IMHO it was way past it's best.
Mobile empty/recharge etc. (that's two separate visits) £70, so far that's £155 plus a lot of swearing extracting the lower AC union from the old condensor (anodic corrosion build-up).
I'm about to refit the two pressure junctions to the new condensor and I'll be lubricating the O rings with PAG oil, what can I use to prevent the anodic corrosion again (it's on the ambient side of the joint so there shouldn't be any system contamination).
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote