Thread: How much !!!!
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2018, 09:46   #8
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

I did ask the salesman what the best price he could do if I was paying for it outright and not having it on one of these drip feed deals. He looked shocked and reckoned if I took something they had in stock I could get about 3% off of that.

He was explaining to me that the manufacturers give them a percentage back on every car they put on one of these deals so he would actually be making less money, if I wanted to factory order a car he reckoned the list price was it unless I took finance out and then he could give me a little off of that as the finance company give them money for putting it on finance and then all I need to do after 3 months tell the finance company I want a final payment price.

I can remember my father walking into a dealer and doing a deal on a car and saving himself 10 or more %, one car he bought the dealer gave him nearly 20% as there was a new model coming out.

You cant tell me these rental and fleet companies are paying these crazy prices for new cars? I suspect they are getting 30% off and we are subsidising it.

How can a brand new Jaguar be £31k and a Polo £20k?
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote