View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2020, 09:45   #11486
Pueblo_Boy
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Unhappy

Ordered and received all the parts to get my MOT advisories done:
• Nearside Front Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement (5.3.4 (a) (i))
• Rear Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement trailing arm bushes [both] (5.3.4 (a) (i))
• surface corrosion to underside of vehicle
• Offside Front Play in steering rack inner joint(s) ()

Got the corrosion sorted on Sunday. younger lad doing all the work for me - was only surface rust, so not too bad.

Dropped off the car at my local garage, to get the advisories done, having e-mailed them the above advisory notices last week. No free lift home from the garage, due to social distancing in place Caught a taxi home.

Received a 'phone call from the garage, possible cost of the work £4-500! Apparently, taking off the suspension to get to the bushes is a major job. I said I didn't think it would take 10 or 12 hours of labour, but the garage owner said it's over 10 years old (actually -16), and who knows how tough it might be to get the suspension off...

He should've warned me of the likely cost beforehand, and saved me a journey plus taxi fare home! Personally, I can't believe it's a possible 10 or 12 hour job (I presume he charges labour at £40 per hour), and am thoroughly pi**ed off at the estimated cost. No wonder otherwise good cars get scrapped. I'm not going to scrap mine, now on the look out for a cheaper estimate. The least he could've done is oil up the nuts to be taken off...
Interior Trim Sports PPH Black, but now with real walnut wooden trim!
One of only 20 on the road!
Pueblo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote