View Single Post
Old 31st August 2014, 17:58   #7
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connoisseur SE Auto, Also fully restored Mk 2 1966 MG Midget

Hello again JT667,
I have had my sister visiting me this afternoon, and been unable to keep up with your progress until now).

Sorry I did not mention it before, but having now seen your electrics aren't working, are you aware of the cable release for the window lock?

If you drop down the flap from the centre 'storage box' of the raised tailgate, there is a cable with a moulded end (which looks like a tall letter T slotted into the 'base' towards the the off-side end side of the box) You could release the window by pulling on this cable, once the main tailgate is open. If you already have removed the lower black trim, you should see the cable in the bottom of the door.

Beside the shown connector, have you checked the others on the hinge side of the tailgate, under the light grey (stone) plastic lining. The brown and black is for the screen heater, the other feeds the wiper and window lock.

Failing that, the fuses may be the problem. My Tourer has the small fuses and from the Handbook, fuse No 42 is the rear wiper at 15 amps. The central locking are on the No 1 fuse- 20amps-
If your other door locks are working, then there is a possible bad connection beneath the stone coloured trim.

Have you tried the motor with a different direct feed and earth connection? This will indicate whether the motor is u/s or whether the power supply/ earth is the cause of it not working. The same applies for the lock. From the above you should be able to identify the cause and fix just that,rather than costly guesses which may turn out to expensive mistakes.
GeoffWW is offline   Reply With Quote