View Single Post
Old 16th July 2019, 18:46   #15
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
Indeed they should.

All too often in my local paper the court reports are littered with those who think they can get away with speeding, because they need to drive for work or those lowlifes that think they can steal/burgle/shoplift and get away with it because they have a drug habit.
Oh how I agree with you.

I am both amazed and horrified at what our front lines Cops have to deal with.

Only a few days ago they had a cctv programme on the box that showed a scrote robbing a shop and saying to the victim that “he needs the money” (for his drug habit!)

So clearly in his view the shopkeeper has less rights to the shop takings for that day than he did - not only that - he was prepared to brandish a knife at the shop assistant to get what he thought he had a right to have because rather than working he felt he could rob those that DO work so he can cater for his selfish “habit”.

IMO - what he “needs” is about 2 years on a chain gang - no drugs and no pampering - and lots of truly hard work to earn his place back in society.

But no doubt those “in charge” will feel society has let HIM down rather than the other way round.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote