View Single Post
Old 16th January 2019, 18:11   #12
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool So many blues and twos......................

............................................ today.
I said in previous post the I was meeting my solicitor today, it’s my age, not the solicitor but a friend for a breakfast meet. But in the quaint village of Barkingside.

I loaded up the Bear and said my goodbyes to Michael. Heard on the wireless thingy that the M11 was shut both ways between junction 6 and 8, on both sides as well. Also there was car trouble on the M25 at Potters Bar. But as this was at 9am, and I wasn’t leaving till about Noon so the road should be clear.

I was tempted to drive past the old flat but changed my mind and went to the Wetherspoon the long way round. Met up with my friend and we ordered breakfast and tea. Nice long chat about the area and old friends. I told my friend my good news, and she told me her bad news that her son had been found dead in his car. I felt so gutted and sad for her. Such a shame as he was only 42. He could no longer cope after his wife had walked out and taken the children.
That put a damper on the meal.

We parted with the promise to keep in touch. Hopefully she will keep his spirit alive within her. I have invited her down to Saltash. But who knows.
And with that I set off home. The M11 was still shut North and South bound but traffic was being diverted off onto the M25 at Loughton. Only problem was the traffic was backed up to Woodford on the M11. Too late to divert off, too many had the same idea, so I just stayed where I was. The traffic was everso slow.

But once onto the Car Park the pace picked up and now it was raining. First hold up was the huge crash on the other side of the road between Potters Bar and South Mimms. Needless to say the jam on our side was caused by the rubberneckers. Got past that and then hit another jam as the turn off for the A1 was solid. Traffic that could not go North on the M11 had diverted to go up the A1. But soon past and I let the Bear off of her leash.

The rest of the M25 was clean n green right round to the M4. Warp Factor 3 all the way. Dropped down onto the M4 and we only slowed to Harrisop50 trough the roadworks. The rain was steady and so was the Bear. Growling her way along, safest place to be was the outside lane. Lots of others were hogging the middle lane without lights on.
We made good time to the M5 and now on the home run. Bladder stop at Sedgemoor Services was needed.

Once I had splashed my boots we was off again. Bear was looking very grubby. But she picked up her paws and we was off. And from there to Exeter she certainly on form. Got the thumbs up from a driver in Audi R8 after we left him in our dust, ok so he caught up but was slow to pass. Toot! Toot! And thumbs up. No need to race him as I know what the Bear is capable of.
Onto the A38 and we was able to keep at steady pace, just a shade over (coff!), at Warp Factor 3. Might have been able to reach Warp Factor Actros but for the rush hour traffic.

We soon were turning into our Lane, only then did it sink in that the fuel light had not come on. Normally comes on at about Marsh Mills but a bonus well till we parked up, then it came on.
All in all The Bear done really well for fuel.
Finished mileage is 56,358. Total mileage was 558. I’ll check the oil and water tomorrow. And fill up to check the mpg.

I’ll post up a few pictures over the next few days. Many thanks for reading and the pm’s.
Uncertain about the next trip but will let you all know.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 16th January 2019 at 18:12.. Reason: Mileage
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote