View Single Post
Old 21st May 2019, 19:24   #23
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

I'm now reluctant to run an unchecked credit balance of the sizes that I've accrued in previous years with different suppliers and payg cannot really come quickly enough for me after events in the UK energy market over the last year or so. I've therefore been keeping a close eye on my account with my new supplier, So Energy, and in little more than 3mths with it I've quickly accrued a credit balance of nearly ~ £140. With the warmer months approaching I expect the pace of growth of that credit balance to pick up and while I would not have been unduly worried by building up such a balance in reserve for winter use in previous years that is no longer the case. My trust and confidence is kaput after experiencing the shambles of the so-called guarantees that are attached to running credit balances of any size whatsoever.

I recently contacted my supplier and asked for a review of my account and the best they say they can do is to knock a little off my monthly direct debit and repay £60 of my credit balance. The reduction in the monthly direct debit seems ok to me at least until the next scheduled review but the proposed refund will still leave me with a credit balance of ~ £80. Courtesy of my last supplier, Together Energy, I'm not really happy to run a credit balance of ~ £80 which I think might well still grow despite SOs proposed monthly DD reduction.

Hmm! Decisions, decisions?
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote