View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2018, 18:08   #5
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
It really depends on how big your arage is, arage paint is very unusual in that it never actually dries, if it did you would not be able to walk as the paint would stiffen and cause your arage cheeks to rub together.

This will cause cracking, chaffing and in extreme cases (like running for a bus or chasing a fiver down the street on a windy day), the arage can actually catch fire due to friction.

My advise it to protect your arage with a fine coat of beeswax and buff to a shine with a terry nappy liner.

You can see here a pair of arages in the special holders designed for the purpose of painting. These have just the red oxide undercoat...

So remember, keep your arage aired and dry before buffing, otherwise chaffing can ruin your day....

Nurse, can I have my pills now....
Thanks Pete for your input, I guess I chose the wrong too paint under the chassis by the sounds of it.

Wait a minute if the paint doesn't fully dry that means it won't crack as easily in terms of stone chips.
I think this could actually.

I just need too prep the surface like anything.

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Lordy is offline   Reply With Quote