View Single Post
Old 20th January 2018, 09:41   #8
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by philm View Post
It may be cheap but probably good enough for a once in a blue moon job but certainly doubtful for pro use.it may be unbranded but does not mean it's not been made by a decent company.
Agreed 100%, a lot of stuff comes in from China and once here is branded up with some of the brands from the cheaper end of the market anyway.

I have a tool for replacing the rear bushes on Ford Focus rear suspension, cost me less than £60 but I have seen exactly the same tool badged up as a Laser 4437 for over £200.

What ever you do the best advice I can give you is once you have done the job rotate the engine by hand a couple of times with the plugs out to check nothing touches. If you do this at least there will be no damage if something is wrong.

Last year I did the belt on an Astra, one owner from new and it was the first time it had been done, timed it up and some of the marks did not line up, I checked several times and decided to remove the belt and line it all up before I put the new belt on. New belt on and did my checks so all seemed fine so I started it, no problems so I put it all back together and when the owner got home he rung me to say I had transformed the way the car drove . More powerful and a lot smoother. The engine had done over 40k like that, makes you wonder how many others are out there like that?
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote