View Single Post
Old 29th June 2019, 13:08   #4
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaylightRovery View Post
Wow thanks for the comprehensive reply mate realpy appreciate it. Shall definately look into the Wheel cleaner as this area is one I struggle with.

What's the difference between TFR and Fallout Remover??
Fallout remover helps to removes embedded particles of traffic dust from the paintwork. You could think of TFR as a lighter version of it for removing surface grime. With snow foam a lighter version of that again.

As I wash my car so regularly, snow foam is more than adequate, and also more forgiving on a warm day, if it dries, simply hose down or reapply, then wash. The other two may require gentle scrubbing if it is left to dry.

Both fallout remover and TFR require care and consideration when using them, and must be thoroughly rinsed off. If left to dry, can leave stubborn staining and possibly permanent damage.

The thing that really put me off TFR, was reading how some companies use TFR to wash lorries for quick and clean up. Something that does that (and does it quite well, at least at a distance) to my mind must be very strong, and therefore potentially harmful to, possibility of stripping the wax that I have on the car.

a good webpage explaining/showing them is HERE

a video comparing TFR and snow foam HERE

a video comparing fallout removers HERE

The Forensic Detailing Channel is quite involved but very good for background and information.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote