View Single Post
Old 14th October 2017, 05:27   #1
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts
Default Mk2 wedgewood Club SE CDT auto saloon

Picked this up the other day for scrap value....

And gave it a quick wash over this evening just to see what i'm dealing with. And theres a few points of concern lol!

Its a late 02 wedgewood club se diesel auto, and as you can see its had many many changes. I used to know the car when it came out to the shows, but it went to scotland and has ended up back here.

Sadly the highland roads haven't been the kindest to her and needs a lot of recommissioning. I know at a glance it needs a hub and arm, thermostat 100% as wont go above 80, the engine is making a strange whooping sound on idol (not air con pump) and there's a shudder through the autobox at stationary.

Im hoping autobox is fail mount / hydromount.

Plans?

We i'm going to "Un-modify" it, as such. Its got everything, 190 brakes, drilled and grooved discs, zt shocks, motobuild springs, rear vented calipers, 160 remap, mk2 conversion, mg7 premium bumper and so on, but inside it is very very club se. Even the door handles and trim where colour coded to match.

So I plan to return the "rover" to it, make it more recognisable, rear plinth will be a mk2 rover plinth, front bumper will be a standard mk2 bumper if i can find one, otherwise its paint gun time, and then take car of the mechanical first obviously.

Very tempted to do a complete interior swap on it, as whilst in decent condition, I feel it could be much nicer. Maybe sandstone beige everything. Shall see, thats bottom of the list.

But yes, the bumpers being sold along with rims to pay for all the work, the brakes im keeping as spares for my 190, the discs and pads havnt even got 500 miles on them, so they will go on my 190 also and save me money soon!

So im going to "unpimpen ze auto" in an effort not because i dislike it, but because i do like it and wish to save it from the breakers without costing me much bar my time.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote