View Single Post
Old 21st April 2022, 12:39   #164915
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Morning all, apologies for my absence, I was back in hospital having more tests on the heart and lungs, another lung scan, bloods, a CT angiogram and yesterday a stress ECG treadmill where I was pushed to the max. I didn’t think I could run, but I did and managed it without getting any chest pain. Surviving the treadmill gave me a well needed boost!

With all of the results in, we met with the lead cardiologist and he gave us the diagnosis: Heart failure.

But it was not all bad news, today I start on new life saving medication which will keep me going for many years. The new medication was approved in the USA and in the UK in March this year for people in “Heart Failure with fraction reduction” and it’s considered to be life saving.

I have also been started on a new non-statin tablet (enzyme plant based) to take the bad cholesterol to below one mmol in addition to increasing the dosage of the statin I am already on.

The angiogram showed some excess fluid in the heart but the new medication will push it out. The angiogram showed some calcium deposits in the heart but no blocked blood arteries. The scan showed no lung disease and the left lung is completely clear of fluid. The cardiologist gave me the all clear to fly to the UK. He will see me again in 2 weeks to see how I am doing. He is confident the new medication is going to be life saving and it will improve the quality of my life.

Interestingly the new medication for heart failure was initially designed to treat type 2 Diabetes then research found it saved lives in patients with heart failure. Further research revealed it can be safely given to patients who do not have diabetes.

How is everyone?

Hello Phil. Blimey! you ain't half going through it lately. Hope all turns out well.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote