Old 21st April 2022, 09:44   #164912
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Morning Phil,

That must have been a bit scary receiving that diagnosis?

Looks like they have a robust treatment plan in place for you going forward.

Out of interest, what is the name of the Type 2 diabetes medication you have been prescribed?
empagliflozin 10mg, also known as Jardiance and it’s available on NHS prescription.

It came as a shock when he told us. He asked if my health insurance covered me to have treatment in another country which it does. Without treatment he said I would be dead in under a year and only other treatment without the medication is to have a heart transplant in South Africa, the UK. With empagliflozin, a transplant would not be needed.

It was not the sort of thing I wanted to hear, but the new medication will change my life for the better. He thinks I have had this for quite some time and I should not panic about the diagnosis, he said it’s not curtains - and from here on everything is going to be on the up. He said the new tablets will help the heart to repair itself and prevent sudden death. I have been given hope and I know the name of my enemy, I know what I am up against and refuse to let it pull me down.
Thank you Jeff

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 21st April 2022 at 09:48..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote